Hire the Rector Team to Reduce Costs and Technical Debt
Your project is a success, but why is the development slowing down?
Our clients used to have similar problem.
We help them to cut feature development costs to a fraction and ensure
their teams are productive again.
15 companies hired us this year to improve PHP code and reduce
Framework Migration, PHP Upgrade and CI Hardening
- Set up advanced custom PHPStan rules
- Increase type coverage, Rector and ECS integration
- Optimization of Processes
"It's a lot of fun and we killed/transformed already a lot of legacy
Using our very own continuous deployment pipeline we shipping
this changes to production since day 1."
Upgrade from PHP 7.2, Symfony 2.8 to fully-typed PHP 8
- Set up a high quality CI pipeline battery with bulletproof checks
- Removed dead methods and classes, unused packages, TWIG filters and
- Highly improved unit test coverage to make changes more reliable and
"I'm extremely pleased with the progress we are making.
It's really come a long way."
Upgrade from Laravel 5.5
- Implementation of ECS, PHPStan and Rector
- Standardization of namespace
- Standardization of tests
"From upgrading our legacy projects and improving team's
productivity, to making code review easier and reliable,
Rector is in the center within our PHP ecosystem."
Upgrade from Symfony 3.4
- Migration from Doctrine ID to UUID
- Implementation of Gitlab CI with ECS, PHPStan and Rector
- Replacement of messy classes with PSR-4
"Thanks to Rector, we were able to quite simply refactor the core of our
API, which saved a lot of work that our developers
would otherwise have to do manually."
What Relationship Do We Build with You?
We build long-term relationships with our clients. Haphazard changes
can quickly backfire and introduce regression bugs. But small, gradual steps lead to
We get you to the latest PHP/framework version, make CI the next member of your team and
help you deliver features faster and cheaper.
What Does the Process Look Like?
1. Intro Analysis
At first, we have to make sure we can help you. We explore the weak spots that would
complicate the process and get ready for the battle.
What steps are involved?
- We sign an NDA so your code is safe with us
- Then you share your codebase with us, e.g. in a git repository
- We look into the code with various tools, exploit weak spots and work out the
step-by-step plan tailored to your project
- The analysis takes 3 weeks
- Then we send you a PDF with the results and a suggested plan so you
can discuss it with your team
- We finish this phase with a call about how to proceed
2. Hands-on Upgrade
After we agree on next steps, we start the upgrade work. Our team provides 10-30
hours/week of direct help, depending on the pace you prefer. We dedicate a
developer with Rector experience on legacy code to your project.
This phase usually takes 6-12 months depending on the upgrade target
and code quality of your project.
What steps are involved?
- We improve code quality to make bigger changes more reliable
- We deliver the smallest PR possible so that you can see changes yourself and merge
- We make sure the work is always in a finished state in every PR
- We ensure CI helps catch regressions so there is a safety net, and we can move
We work in parallel to your team, so you can keep delivering
features and grow your business
Choose a Plan That Fits Your Project
We highlight current weak spots in your code
We deliver a plan detailing upgrade steps
Every phase has a detailed scope and a "why"
Good choice for a yearly project health check
Delivered in 3 weeks
One time charge
You apply the plan yourself
Intro Analysis + Hands-on Upgrade
All from previous, and also...
We improve your CI with advanced tooling
We share our experience of 50+ project upgrades
You learn smart tricks with tools you already use
You learn how to avoid making legacy code
Charged per hour, 10-30 hours/week
You leave the project upgrade to us